The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
The Responsible Innovation Network is an initiative of Cardiff University, which is the Data Controller of your personal data.
What personal data do we collect from you?
- Account registration Data
This is the personal data that is provided by you or collected by us to enable you to be part of the Responsible Innovation Network mailing list.
This includes your email address, Name and Surname
You may also have the option to provide us with some additional personal data in order to make your account more personalized.
You can disable cookies at any time, but some features of the site may be compromised. For more details, read our note about cookies.
Why we process your personal data
We process your personal data to grant to you the subscription to our mailing list.
This information are necessary to offer to you our services: failure to provide such information may entail the possibility to receive our campaigns.
The retention period of your personal data is equal to the period of activity of your account for the use of our services, according to the terms and conditions of use that you accepted. The deletion of your account can take place at any time upon your explicit request to email@example.com
Where we keep your data
Your personal data are stored in Mailchimp’s servers, that are located in Europe.
These data are managed by our personnel, by technicians in charge of the data processing and by people in charge of conducting periodic maintenance operations.
Your data are shared with Mailchimp for the previously mentioned storage proposals.
The websites, the apps and more in general our services and products are not intended for minors under the age of 16, who shall not provide personal data to us. In the event that Responsible Innovation Network becomes aware of the collection of personal data from users under the age of 16, it will take the necessary steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
If you are registered to Responsible Innovation Network, according to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights regarding your personal data
Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object –
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
You can exercise your rights by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Therefore, we invite you to periodically visit the website to check for updates.
Last update: September 27th, 2018